National Representative, Organizing & Community Chapters
Unifor the Union
2013 – present
Responsible for strategic planning, resourcing and coordinating organizing campaigns and special projects. Work with freelancers and temporary agency workers to build community unions. Develop and deliver training courses and conferences for young workers and union members.
Table of Contents
- Current position
- Previous positions
- Community Roles
- Technical Skills
- Additional Skills
National Chairperson (2011) Treasurer (2010)
Canadian Federation of Students
- Elected positions in Canada’s national students’ union representing over 500,000 students.
- Responsible for the organization’s budget and financial statements.
- As Chairperson, acted as main spokesperson for the Federation, speaking to the media on issues such as post-secondary education policy, student debt and youth unemployment.
- Coordinated the advocacy, campaigns, research and organizing work.
Student Federation of the University of Ottawa
- Oversaw budget and operations of one of the largest students’ unions in the country.
- Directly oversaw human resources portfolio with of more than 130 staff.
- Oversaw financial audit process for the union’s $8 million budget.
- Launched a new student-owned and run business (Café Alternatif) and over- saw the operations of three other student businesses (bar, bookstore and con- venience store).
- Developed and strengthened the democratic structure of the students’ union by allocating financial and human resources to the political priorities set by the membership.
- Coordinated successful referendum drive to certify SFUO as members of the Canadian Federation of Students.
Fédération de la jeunesse franco-ontarienne
- Coordinated large-scale events, such as the Franco-Ontarian Games, a Youth Parliament, training camps & workshops.
- Responsible for issuing press releases and maintaining media relations.
- Prepared media briefings for elected representatives.
Organizer & Logistics
Secretariat of the World Social Forum
- Assigned to the central World Social Forum secretariat as part of an internship with Alternatives, the Montreal based non-governmental organization.
- Took part in organizing during the two-month lead-up to the Forum which brought approximately 70,000 social activists to Nairobi.
- Worked on communication aspects of the Forum such as sending official communications to registered participants and producing the Forum’s official schedule.
- Helped to set up the international media infrastructure, including a computer lab, backgrounder documents and identifying media contacts.
- Worked with a team of over 50 volunteers and initiated information desks to provide a centralized location for participants to get information. Worked with an international team of interpreters to offer translation in the four official languages of the Forum.
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.)
2006 University of Ottawa
Certiﬁcate: Community Website Development
Collège Ahuntsic, Montréal
Certiﬁcate: Intermediate Spanish
Inhispania Language School, Madrid, Spain
- Fluent in French
- Fluent in English
- Intermediate level Spanish
Théâtre français de Toronto
Board of Directors – Community Development
Role includes strategic development for community outreach.
Francophone Community Radio Station
Executive Board Member
Filed and defend a successful licence application to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
CFRH, French Community Radio Station
Produced and hosted the daily weekday morning show from 6am to 9am.
La Rotonde, University of Ottawa’s French newspaper
Arts & Culture Editor
Oversaw the writing and editing of the Arts and Culture section of the weekly student newspaper and worked with a team of volunteers to produce content.
Alliance des radios communautaires du Canada
Youth Radio Training Internship
Part of a team of 75 youth from around the world that coordinated the broadcasting of a 24 hour live radio station for the month-long International Francophone Games.
Le Goût de Vivre, French Community Newspaper
Journalist & Production
Contributed as publication as journalist, photographer and graphic designer.
- numerous video editing software
Web, Databases & Data
- Access & Excel
- Hugo Static Site Generators
- Git Version Management
- HTML, CSS
Completed a 75 hour training with the Francophone Sexual Assault Support Centre of Ottawa. Trained to offer phone-line support to survivors of sexual assault.